“Do I have a date for my surgery?”
Short answer: Likely not, but we have you on our list, if you have signed consent for surgery.
At the time of this edit, Humber River Hospital is currently working at 100% surgical capacity. We unfortunately have slightly longer waitlists than prior to COVID, due to the numerous surgical shutdowns caused by previous waves of the pandemic. Because of the uncertainty of future waves of the pandemic shutting down surgery in the future, our operating room schedule is only being released 3 months at a time. So, if your wait is longer than 3 months, we don’t yet have a specific date for you.
Please wait for our Administrator to call you for your surgical date. As of now, the wait for surgery from the time you signed consent is approximately 6-8 months.
Please note that once you get called for your surgical date:
- We will arrange for you to be seen in the pre-admission before your surgery
- Please let us know if you are sick with COVID prior to your pre-admission clinic appointment. We will let you recover prior to your surgery and you will NOT go to the back of the line.
- You will be allowed one visitor to accompany you to your surgery.
- Knee replacements, hip replacements and ACL reconstruction will be done under a spinal anesthetic, if possible.
- Expect to leave hospital the same day of surgery.
- One visitor is allowed on the wards at this time, if you were to be admitted.